Restore Development profile

hello I deleted the development profile how can I restore it?
Thanks

Hello @cliosuper :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Can you tell me more about development profile? What do you mean?
A layout? A user? A role?
Can you give me the name of your project for easing the investigation on our side?
Can you share with me your stack?

I’ll be glad to help :smiley:

Hi!
I mean the environment to develop locally: http://localhost:3310
Currently only active one environment, staging, connected to a remote server.

{
  "name": "pm",
  "version": "0.0.1",
  "private": true,
  "scripts": {
    "start": "node ./server.js"
  },
  "dependencies": {
    "body-parser": "1.19.0",
    "chalk": "~1.1.3",
    "cookie-parser": "1.4.4",
    "cors": "2.8.5",
    "debug": "~4.0.1",
    "dotenv": "~6.1.0",
    "express": "~4.16.3",
    "express-jwt": "5.3.1",
    "forest-express": "^7.4.0",
    "forest-express-sequelize": "^6.0.0",
    "lumber-forestadmin": "^1.5.1",
    "morgan": "1.9.1",
    "mysql2": "~1.7.0",
    "require-all": "^3.0.0",
    "sequelize": "~5.15.1"
  }
}

Hello @cliosuper,

You can’t restore a delete environment sorry.

But you can create a new one, and copy the layout from the staging environment.
Here is the documentation to create a new environment:
https://docs.forestadmin.com/documentation/reference-guide/how-it-works/environments#creating-a-new-environment

Hope this helps

But i do not have the button to create new environments!
I can only deploy production!

Could you please tell me the project name so I can dig in on my side? Or even better the value for Forest-Project-Id found in the request headers in your developper tools?

The project name is: PM

It seems like you started a deploy to production, but did not went through. If you finish this you should be able to recreate a development environment.

Is this possible for you?

I’ll share your issue with our team, you definitely are in a grey area.

but it is not possible to cancel it?
I click on the deploy button by mistake …
Can’t undo this action?
Are we forced to send it into production to recreate new environments?

Normally you cannot create extra development environment until the production is deployed.

I think you should not have been allowed to delete your initial development environment (that may be an issue on our side).

The safe path is definitely to finish the production deployment, and then recreate a new development environment.

Ok thanks!

I restored the development profile.
I put the new env forest secret in the .env file but it gives this error:

Permissions error: Cannot retrieve the data from the Forest server. Can you check that you properly copied the Forest envSecret in the Liana initializer?

Hello @cliosuper,

I can see that you activated 3 environments on your project:

• production
  • staging
  • development

Seem to have worked at least once. Can you explain in detail the operations you did when you re-create a development environment?

The error message that is appearing on your side indicates that the environment variable named FOREST_ENV_SECRET do not match a know environment on Forest-Admin.

When you start your agent, it identifies itself against the forest-admin server and sends your updated data structure. If you have this message, it indicates that your liana is unable to identify itself on Forest Admin because the value of FOREST_ENV_SECRET do not match any known value on our server.

Did you use the secret from the deleted environment? Can you check that the value you copied is correct?

The first time the project was created, the development environment was obviously present.
I added the staging environment.
I accidentally deleted the development environment and pressed the deploy production button.
I had to complete the configuration for production and recreate the development environment.
I took the FOREST_ENV_SECRET variable and put it in my .env file
But when I boot via npm start and connect to the backend it gives me that error

Hello @cliosuper

In order to assist you, I would need more details. What is the URL of your development environment? Do you run it locally on your machine?
Can you please check that you updated the FOREST_ENV_SECRET with the new secret of the environment you created?

Would you mind sharing in the private message you FOREST_ENV_SECRET from your .env file so I can internally check it?

Yes in locally machine and this is the url:
APPLICATION_URL=http://localhost:3310

Hi @cliosuper,

Your case is giving us a hard time to understand what’s going on here! :sweat_smile:
Thanks for your patience.

With all the elements you gave us, I don’t see why it won’t work. Let’s try something else.
Can you tell me what is your APPLICATION_PORT in your .env file?
And if you try to access to http://localhost:3310 in your browser, what do you see?